Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Waiting!

I have been feeling kindda funny lately, I do not want to put it in words, to others than my husband I haven’t been sharing much lately! I have been praying that the feeling I have been experiencing is that of a miracle, I do not know. Now I sit at my desk, staring at a computer screen, waiting on my husband to bring me back a test, with that I can know, if not, I’ll be alright, I’m still young, only 26, my husband is young as well, we have a good 4 years I guess!
My husband isn’t really the “planning” type, I, on the other hand, have a plan, my plan is long and detailed! By 24 I wanted to move to the united states, I did at 23, by 25 I planned to be in new York city, I am now, 26 I figured is the perfect time for me to get married, my wedding was 2 weeks before I turned 26, and by 28 I wanted to have a child or two. In my thirties seriously enter the world of professional writing, and eventually let it become my main source of income once I have a best seller in print!
I know life doesn’t work out exactly as planned, of course not, but you can dream, and try.
It is 6:04 pm, Monday, May 24, 2010, we’ve been through this before, the test, the 3 minute wait, and the one little dash, meaning NO. It is a bit disappointing I must say, the first time it was a relief, the time wasn’t right yet, but the couple of times after, it was just the “ehh, ok, good, that gives us time so that we can get ourselves a bit more financially ready”
If yes, I do not want to build my hopes up, I can’t even put in words how much this means to me, I’m more than 100% sure this is what I want, 90% sure it is what my husband wants! to prepare myself I drank about a gallon of sweet tea 30 minutes ago as we ran out of water!
I would not tell anyone yet, well, my mother and father, I’ll tell my dad on his birthday, it’s his 60th this Saturday, I’d tell my mother tonight, of course, I think that is about it, maybe my favorite cousins as well, no more, no friends, not even my husband’s family yet. I am probably not though, I do not want to get my hopes up.
Either way, my husband and I will enjoy ourselves tonight, we’re going out, grab some nice dinner and laugh. I always wanted a boy, but lately I have been seeing all those adorable little girls, a little version of me would be so cool, but nicer and easier to deal with I hope, I know how much of a pain I am, kind and caring like her father hopefully. I am probably not though, so, that’s okay, we have time.
I have the names picked out, I have had them picked out for over five years now, Layla if it’s a girl, and Yosef if it’s a boy. Nice names I think, Arabic to complement my Egyptian culture, beautiful, easy, and very, what’s the word? Hmm, classic I think, timeless. Like from an old fairy tale book, Layla the princess, and Yosef the sultan. But either way I am fine, if not, that’s good, gives me some time to lose some weight and get healthier, get my body ready, I really need to eat better! I just realized all I had today was a granola bar and a small bag of chips, not good. I am very hungry, and glad we’re going out to eat, I will be cheerful regardless, after all, there is no reason not to.
My mother in law would say “oh, good for you, I am happy for you”
Asr is in, I’ll go pray and finish this after I know. I’m fine either way, I hope.
My husband is here, my heart is beating faster than normal, I am very silly, ahh, breathe in, breathe out.


I took the test. Two lines!

Noha
05/24/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment