Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Unborn Baby

Hello Baby,

So I wanted to write you this letter so that when you grow up you can read it and know how I (and your father) felt when you were still a little fetus growing inside me :)
Right now you're still in my tummy, you have been for 24 weeks now, 6 months. I have been counting down the days, the weeks and the months, if I could, I would count the hours too. I am so anxious to meet you, I keep wondering how you'll be, who you'd look and act like, are you gonna have your daddy's eyes? are you gonna have my lips? my nose? (hopefully not), are you gonna be proud like your father? passionate like your mommy? a worrier like your grandma? a neat freak like your grandpa? I wonder.
Your father and I are trying our best to get everything ready for you before your arrival inshaa Allah, so far, we have almost nothing, a few outfits and a little dresser that grandpa got for us. But I promise you it will all be done when you're here.
We debate over cribs vs. Bassinets, blue carpet vs. green, this name vs. that name, but we'll make those decisions soon (I hope). I now feel your little kicks about twice a day, it's the cutest thing, I smile every time, please keep on kicking and punching, I love it, I feel happy knowing your having a blast in there, I can not wait till you are out and I can hold you in my arms and sing terribly to you, you'll have to like it! I'm your mother, what else can you do?
Grandma will be here soon, so hopefully when you arrive she'll be here to help daddy, you and I, God knows we'll need it. Grandma and Grandpa are very excited that you are coming, you'll be their first grandchild, isn't that something? Also Uncle Nader is excited too, you'll be his first nephew, so already, just by coming into this world, you'll make such an impact on so many people.
I sing to you every day, and I read every here and there, I wonder if you hear me! so far you should know "The cat in the hat", "Green eggs and ham", the sound of "Abdel Wahab", "Maria Callas", "Pavarotti", "Abdel Halim", "Fairuz" and the recitation of Surat Mariam among other things.
You also have a brother and a sister that will be excited to meet you, your sister "Aqeelah" is gonna turn 10 right before (or after) you are born, and your brother "Ali" is seven, they are wonderful, and the three of you will have the most amazing times together Inshaa Allah.
In 16 weeks or so you should be here, I wonder how you'll make your entrance, are you coming early? late? is it gonna be long? short? night or day? I just hope it won't be snowing! since you will be coming in January or December, and we now live Upstate NY, it will probably be freezing. A winter baby, like your uncle Nader and your sister Aqeelah.
I must say you have not given me any hard time, If it was not for my growing belly and the ultra sounds, I would not believe you really are in there! I have no symptoms, no cravings or aversions (I never liked chicken!) just some heartburn, that's all, so thank you for being so kind to me.
Now I must go get ready for my daily walk, it's sadly the only exercise I do right now, it is fun. I already love you so much before even meeting you, I hope you're enjoying yourself in there, daddy and I are impatiently awaiting your arrival, but please, take your time.
Love always,
Mama

1 comment: